HS2 Operator Recruiter
£30000 - £35000 per annum
05-08-2022 12:20 PM
Our client is looking for a highly motivated and ambitious HS2 Operator Recruiter for their leading construction company based in Hemel Hempstead to support the Recruitment and Training Team.
They are passionate about making the construction industry the career of choice and they will do this by creating the greatest people experience, which results in better performance for customers, our society, and our planet. They have the potential to impact the world we live in, and they plan to make that impact a positive one for all who work for and with them. As a family-owned business they pride ourselves on their inclusive environments that drive fun, wellbeing, and high performance across all that they do. You will be joining a family and not just a business.
The HS2 Operator Recruiter role is office-based with regular site visits, working Monday to Friday 8.00am- 17.30pm, weekend work if and when needed.
Head office location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire (travel required to visit sites)
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Sourcing and screening new operators from the database, social media, referrals and via other recruitment campaigns
* Matching operators to the right sites and jobs based on their skillset, experience and circumstances
* Using strong communication skills to uphold relationships and build trust with your pool of operators
* Identifying key opportunities to upskill and train existing or new operators, managing the training team and assessors' diaries to suit these requirements
* Manage and maintain operator retention rates
* Scheduling and confirming operator's works to ensure they stay booked and busy
* Organising on-site working days, site visits and open days to ensure face-to-face communication with all operators on site
* Building social media presence, posting job adverts, engaging with operators online
* Negotiating operator rates ensuring profit margin is achieved on operated hires
* Daily check-ins with on-site teams - managing no shows, ensuring all operated hires are covered with a skilled operator
* Relationship building with customers and their on-site teams
* Manage PAYE operator schedules, holiday requests and development
* Staying current and up to date on competitor activity to ensure our operator aftercare and management remains industry-leading
* Compliance tracking, data entry and basic administration to ensure the team is working efficiently together to hit deadlines under pressure
* Overseeing induction processes, medical tracking and assessments to ensure a steady flow on new operators are ready to work when the hires are confirmed
* Using sales pipelines and liaising with the Sales Team to understand upcoming customer needs and strategizing operator numbers and registration tracking
* Requesting and collating operator statement relating to incidents / damages and reporting breakdowns and plant maintenance issues from the operators (liaising with the Service Department)
If you join them they'll provide you with a comprehensive company induction and training program and they'll work with you to identify your personal development needs and career progression plan.
* To be personable, approachable, and have excellent people skills.
* Must be confident and possess an excellent telephone manner.
* Must have clear and concise communication skills both verbal and written.
* Effective administration, planning and world-class organisation skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to prioritise and be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
* Previous experience in the hire or construction industry, key account management or recruitment would be preferred but not essential.
* Excellent sales and negotiation skills to ensure all hires are commercially viable.
* Good IT/Computer skills. MS Office including Excel and Outlook.
* "Can Do" Attitude.
* Passionate, naturally ambitious and hungry for individual and collective result.