Senior Development Manager-Milton Keynes
£50000 - £60000 per annum + car,bonus
21-11-2023 04:00 PM
Reporting to the Head of Development the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of projects/programmes as defined within the Development Pipeline or wider strategy.
The post holder will play a fundamental role in developing, negotiating, agreeing and implementing new service contracts for principally the municipal treatment procurements however will from time to time be required to assist on collection and recycling service contracts. This will include pre-qualification stages, restricted tender processes, procurement through competitive dialogue and where appropriate negotiated contracts and/or extensions to contracts. The post holder in so doing will liaise closely with the Heads of Regional Development, Regional Operation Managers and other support departments such as Estates, SHEQ, Engineering, Legal, Finance and Operations.
Responsible for his personal safety and that of all personnel under his or her authority, including others who may be affected by the company's activities. In particular:
* Understand and implement the company SHEQ Policy.
* Appreciate the responsibilities of personnel under their authority and ensure that each employee knows his/her responsibility and are equipped to play their part.
* Conduct Risk Assessments on activities within their department ensuring that the methods and systems of work are safe and that the necessary procedures, rules and regulations designed to achieve this are applied.
* Provide written instructions of work methods outlining potential hazards and precautions, and ensure they are complied with.
* Ensure accident/incident and near-miss reporting procedures are understood and complied with and assist with accident investigations where appropriate.
* Ensure all employees and sub-contractors are suitably trained/competent to carry out the prescribed task and that the necessary licenses/certificates of competence are in force and appropriate.
* Set a personal example in all health & safety and environment matters
Duties and key responsibilities - Group Development
The post holder will:
* Be full time
* Report to the Head of Development and be based at the Bletchley Office/Home working (hybrid)
* Liaise closely with Regional Development Management and Regional Operations Managers and their teams
* Liaise closely with other Departments (Fleet, SHEQ, Technical, Estates & Planning, Legal, Finance, Human Resources, etc.)
* Produce detailed service designs for individual projects with justifications and present to the Head of Development.
* Take responsibility for the development and preparation of Project Delivery Plans, Tender Proposals and Contract Documentation
* Take responsibility for the Quality submission and ensure continuous improvement in their presentation
* Manage and monitor the project/programme Delivery Plans.
* Implement and maintain all development procedures and systems and ensure that these are embedded and used across all projects/programmes.
* Supervise and manage project teams and provide monthly reporting requirements
* Deliver and monitor procurement/tender performance against the Development Strategy including project timelines and budgets.
* Manage and supervise project/programme teams
* Responsible for the interpretation, development, negotiation and submission of project plans, tender proposals and contract documentation.
* Coordinate the development, negotiation, agreement and implementation of new service contracts and extensions of contract, where allocated by the Head of Development. This will require establishing close working relationships with other supporting functions such as Estates and Planning, Legal, Technical, SHEQ, and Financial, and where necessary the selection, appointment, management and control of external advisors.
* Prepare, submit and present project development documentation/papers for approval to the Executive Committee and/or Approval Committee.
* Support in establishing, maintaining and managing good Customer Relationships.
* Support the Head of Development to ensure through training and motivation that the standards of staff knowledge and performance are enhanced to the benefit of the employees and the company.
* Comply with and assist in the implementation of HR policies and the development of training plans.
Qualifications and Experience (preferred but not all essential)
* Highly educated with a proven track record in similar role with a proven track record in the successful delivery of substantive projects/programmes.
* Career should include at least five years in an organisation with a professional and disciplined approach to tendering and project development, preferably within a Waste Management environment. With considerable previous experience and track record in the successful delivery of project development programmes, to time, budget and specification.
* Suitably qualified in and with a proven track record and experience in the application of sound project development and project management techniques.
* Experienced in the preparation of project proposals (technical, financial and legal) and documentation to a high standard.
* Experience using MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
Personal attributes and other requirements
* Commercially aware with strong profit orientation. Numerate and financially astute.
* Commitment and determination to meet personal objectives. Strong drive and resilience.
* Proven ability to build strong teams, skilled in delivering measurable results through others.
* Strong people skills capable of developing and motivating a widespread and multi-disciplined team.
* Presence and interpersonal skills to represent the company in contacts with key customers and other interested parties; good negotiation and relationship management skills
* Ability to work collaboratively in a capacity of adding value to the decision-making process.
* Ability to re-evaluate priorities, responding quickly and positively to change is imperative.
* Sufficiently resilient and robust to effectively manage third parties.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and develop successful long-term relationships with local authorities and governing bodies.