Health & Safety Officer
£35000 - £40000 per annum + generous bonus & great benefits
London-City & Docklands
27-10-2023 03:53 PM
This varied position involves deputising for the Health and Safety Manager, actively participating in various safety-related activities, providing support to the business, and effectively communicating health and safety protocols throughout the organisation. You will have a hands-on role in incident management, training coordination, safety checks, risk assessment creation and review, and the continuous improvement of our health and safety management system.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied, and exciting workload, coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
You will be:
* Providing backup to the Health and Safety Manager, attending meetings, representing the department, and effectively communicating safety matters. Assist the Health and Safety Manager as required, contributing to the overall success of the health and safety department.
* Creating and maintaining supporting forms and documentation for the health and safety management system, ensuring clarity and accessibility.
* Assisting in creating and reviewing risk assessments, ensuring they accurately identify potential hazards and outline appropriate control measures.
* Arranging, scheduling, and booking H&S training courses for employees, maintaining accurate training records, and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Acting as the incident controller during emergency situations, ensuring a swift and organised response, and supporting post-incident analysis and improvements.
* Administrating and supporting the investigation of accidents, near misses, and incidents, ensuring thorough documentation, analysis, and implementation of corrective actions.
* Ordering Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), eye care vouchers, first aid supplies, and other items within budget constraints, in alignment with business needs.
* Conducting regular health and safety checks, inspections, and audits, identifying hazards and recommending corrective actions to ensure a safe workplace and continuously improve our safety measures and procedures.
* Analysing incident data, draw relevant conclusions, compile comprehensive reports, and present findings & recommendations to H&S Manager and stakeholders, enabling data-driven decision-making and continuous improvement.
* Engaging in H&S Committee meetings and collaborate with H&S representatives, contributing to strategic safety planning and initiatives.
* Maintaining effective communication with the workforce through notice boards, online platforms, and display screens, promoting safety messages and updates.
* Developing and delivering engaging health and safety briefings and toolbox talks, fostering understanding and compliance among employees.
* * Driving cultural enhancements by involving and consulting workers, creating an environment where they are key to developing a safety-oriented culture.
You will have:
* Previous experience in a specialist health & Safety role within the UK.
* Strong understanding of UK health and safety regulations, standards, and best practices.
* At least a basic understanding of ISO45001.
* Proficient in using computer software and online platforms (for example incident management software, Microsoft Office 365, project management software, PowerBI, ERP systems, etc.).
* A high level of communication skills, both written and oral, spanning from operators to senior managers. Your ability to influence stakeholders and process owners with diverse priorities will be crucial.
* A solid understanding of technical systems, including equipment and machinery, is essential.
* Good attention to detail and organisational prowess.
* The ability to prioritise multiple projects as the role entails meticulously tracking progress and ensuring adherence to the triple constraints of project management - time, cost, and scope.
You will enjoy an excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along, communicate and co-operate well with each other. The working climate is informal, but hard working. You will be offered the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. The team are proud to be part of this business, they all share the same passion and dedication to the company and the product.
* Flexible working - A choice of flexible working hours and a 9 day fortnight (i.e. every second Friday off).
* Annual Leave - 20 days annual leave, plus all UK bank holidays.
* Competitive Salary - Plus workplace pension scheme and profit share bonus.
* * Social activities - Throughout the year enjoy time with your colleagues as we host an annual Summer and Christmas party, annual bike rides (both inside and outside the UK), Birthday breakfast, volunteering activities and family fun days just to name a few.
* Learning and Development - Access to free Learning and opportunity to devote some of your time at work to professional development and actively promote internal promotions and opportunities.
* Benefits - Workplace Pension Scheme, Care and Health Support, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme and other benefits.
* Mental Health - We provide access to a confidential EAP that offers counselling, resources and support for various mental health challenges. There's also Head Space, an approved wellness program for employees.
* Paid Leave - We offer an enhanced Family, Paternity and Maternity leave pay.